In the last blog, I provided information about SEO and that it is a variety of tactics combined that help search engines complete a search with SEO (Search Engine Optimization). Today. I want to talk specifically about “on-page” website SEO.
The idea behind SEO is to help Google (or other search engine) match a person’s search with a link with information that provides the search criteria. This more often than not is a link to website. Search Engine Optimization (SEO) is the key to getting your website noticed by search engines and, ultimately, by your target audience. While on-page and off-page SEO are crucial, technical SEO plays a significant role in ensuring that your website performs well in search results. In this blog, we will explore how to add technical SEO to a website page, step by step, to enhance its visibility and rankings.
When creating add adding content to a website page, there are a number things that help Google index the website and help it become ranked and found using SEO.
- Title the website page correctly with H1. This allows Google to rank the the page knowing that H1 is the title. Use only 1 H1 per page.
- Use keywords from your industry in the content.
- Ensure images are named correctly before you add them to the website. This means using keywords and the business name.
- Optimize the page loading speed by compressing and reducing the size of the images on the page without compromising quality. Large file images will slow down the website and therefore your page and Google will downgrade the site.
- Limit the number of elements (images, scripts, stylesheets) your page needs to load. Combine and minify scripts and stylesheets.
- Enable Browser Caching: Set up browser caching to store static resources, allowing quicker loading for returning visitors.
- Design the website for Mobile and ensure your page is mobile-responsive, as Google prioritizes mobile-friendly websites.
- Use a plugin for SEO like YOAST if your site is a WordPress website. If you are on another platform such as WIX or SquareSpace add the SEO to the page settings.
In conclusion, adding technical SEO to your website page is a critical step in improving your site’s search engine rankings and overall performance. By following the steps outlined above, you can ensure that your website is well-optimized for speed, security, mobile-friendliness, and user experience. As a result, you’ll be able to attract more organic traffic to your site.